By Chaimaa Zahaar Rabat - Starting from the next academic year, French will be taught in first year of primary education, announced education minister Mohamed Hassad on Tuesday during the oral questions session in the House of Representatives. The Ministry of National Education announced earlier that the academic year will start on Thursday, September 7...0
325,191 Moroccan Students to Sit 2017 Baccalaureate Exam
Rabat - The Ministry of National Education revealed on Friday that 325,191 students would take the 2017 baccalaureate examination.
This year's national exams are scheduled for June 6, 7 and 8, with retakes taking place on July 11, 12and 13.
Male students represent 51 percent of those taking the exam, with females representing the remaining 49 percent.
The number of public school students set to take the national exam is 295,145, and this represents 91 percent of all baccalaureate students. The remaining nine percent of exam-takers come from private schools, and they number 30,446.
The ministry announced that 20,730 classrooms were to be devoted to the 2017 national exams, and that across the country, 41,460 teachers would oversee exam conditions, The ministry added that a further 40,000 teachers would take care of correcting approximately 3.6 milion exam papers.
The ministry assured that strict measures would be taken for fairness both before and during the exam.